MCT oils have recently become increasingly popular in the food and sports industries. MCT is a supplement that contains saturated fatty acids, which are extremely beneficial for our health, but many times we do not know how to use them to our advantage. Fats in the diet are often limited, as there is a general belief that they are not healthy and that they can make you gain weight. However, if we eat the right fats in the right proportions, they can bring us a lot of benefits.
Fatty acids are divided into three groups: short-chain, medium-chain and long-chain fatty acids. MCT is made up of medium-chain fatty acids that are rarely found in nature. MCT oil is found in the highest quantities in coconut oil, palm kernel oil and in some dairy products.
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut pulp, the fruit of the coconut palm, and in recent years, due to its healing properties, it represents a revolution in the cosmetics and food industry.
It has been proven that coconut oil has extremely positive effects on the functioning of the immune system. It works against viruses, regulates cholesterol, helps regulate body weight, and has also been shown to be an effective antifungal agent.
The secret to coconut oil comes from the fact that it contains healthy fats that your body does not store in the form of excess body weight, but converts them into energy. From this point of view, coconut oil has another amazing property that is hard to believe, namely it plays an important role in regulating body weight.
Namely, coconut oil belongs to the group of medium-chain fats that stimulate the metabolism and have been proven to speed up metabolism by almost 50%. In addition, it also enhances the effects of insulin and consequently lowers the glycaemic index of the food consumed, all of which contributes to easier and more effective loss of excess pounds.
How does MCT oil affect the body?
- A fast source of energy
The biggest advantage of MCT oil is that it is absorbed extremely quickly, so the body metabolizes it quickly and converts it into fuel. It is an extremely fast source of energy, because of which it is especially recommended for people who need extra energy, e.g. top athletes, the elderly, growing children, patients after major surgery, etc.
- Weight control
MCT oil is known to speed up fat consumption while reducing appetite, thereby aiding weight loss.
- A great source of energy for athletes
MCT oil has proven to be especially effective in athletes who need more energy and want to improve their physical endurance. MCT oil is especially effective in athletes following a higher fat, lower carbohydrate diet, as it behaves similarly to carbohydrates, except that they do not cause the release of insulin.
- Other effects
Several studies have reported that MTC is extremely effective in treating medical conditions in which fat metabolism is impaired. The diseases to which this relates are celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, cystic fibrosis, biliary cirrhosis etc. MCT is also known to facilitate calcium and magnesium absorption, thus making the use of MCT extremely effective in neonates and children in the developmental stages.
Does MCT oil have side effects?
MCT oil has no major side effects and is completely harmless when consumed. Sometimes nausea and discomfort in the digestive tract may appear, but this can be avoided by consuming only small amounts of the product.
Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black cumin seed oil is one of the most valued natural remedies; due to its chemical structure, it is extremely efficient and has been used for therapeutic purposes for millennia.
Throughout history, black cumin seed oil has been used for healing headaches, skin problems, infections and other diseases; therefore, the Prophet Muhammad described it in the Qur’an as “an oil that heals everything except death.” Thus, black cumin seed oil has been considered a magical medicine since time immemorial, used to treat a variety of ailments.
Black cumin seed oil is known to have extremely strong antibacterial and antiparasitic properties; in the Middle East, it is also considered one of the most effective anti cancer herbs, as it is said to reduce tumour growth by up to 50%.
Healing benefits of black cumin seeds
From Ancient Egypt to the present day, black cumin seeds have been used by our ancestors for the treatment of many human illnesses. It has often been used for beauty purposes and to strengthen the immune system, so it is still considered one of the best healing spices in the world.
- Cancer:Numerous studies indicate that black cumin seed oil inhibits the growth of cancer cells while protecting the body from the effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Anxiety:Black cumin seed oil has a positive effect on mood, improves cognitive functions, reduces anxiety and improves memory.
- Diabetes:Black cumin seed oil lowers blood sugar level on an empty stomach and increases insulin response.
- Bacterial and parasitic infections:Black cumin seeds have been shown to prevent the development of bacteria, especially those resistant to antibiotics; it has also been shown to be successful in treating fungi infections.
- Liver treatment:Black cumin seed oil effectively helps to regenerate the liver, especially in people with liver failure due to the consumption of certain medications or alcohol.
- Asthma and allergies:In various studies, black cumin has been shown to have a strong anti-asthmatic effect, but also greatly reduces the effects of histamine, so it is also effective in relieving allergy symptoms.
Black cumin seeds are also widely used in traditional Chinese medicine, where it has earned a very special place among medicinal herbs. It is supposed to have an extremely positive effect on the kidneys, where our life energy is located. At the same time, the kidneys also affect the health of the reproductive system and the hormonal system, while black cumin seed oil is also said to increase the growth of bone cells by as much as 250%!
Star anise seed oil
Star anise is a spice with a rich history, which has also been used as an essential oil. From time immemorial, people believed that anise drives away bad dreams, and the ancient Egyptians believed that star anise “refreshes the heart”.
It is an indispensable plant in Chinese medicine, where it is used in the treatment of various diseases such as flu, cold, and rheumatism; it also helps to alleviate muscle pain and to regulate digestion.
Star anise is evolutionary one of the oldest plants in the world and differs from ordinary (garden) anise mainly by its strong aroma, which is often used in the treatment of respiratory problems and sleep disorders. It has been used traditionally to treat cough, asthma, menstrual cramps, stomach problems and other conditions. Because of its strong smell, star anise is a very effective treatment for bad breath, so it is also widely used as an additive in toothpastes.
Healing benefits of star anise
Star anise is an effective digestive product, as it relieves spasms in the gastrointestinal tract and works against bloating. Due to its antiparasitic properties, it also kills parasites in the gastrointestinal tract.
It is also widely used to treat cough, as it disinfects the respiratory tract, relieves coughing and inflammation of the trachea, which is often accompanied by a suffocating whooping cough. Due to its characteristic strong aroma, star anise oil is used in the treatment of bronchitis, cold symptoms or flu.
Star anise contains a high number of active substances that contribute to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Some research has shown that star anise can be used to control the cancer because it inhibits tumour growth due to its antioxidant properties.
Star anise is known to work as well against viruses, fungi and bacteria.
Star anise has proven to be an extremely effective natural remedy in the fight against the flu, which attacks a huge population every year. This spice can also help to treat herpes.
Another important property of star anise is its ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria that occur in a variety of diseases. Some research suggests that star anise has the same effect on pathogenic bacteria as antibiotics.
Star anise oil is obtained by squeezing dried anise seeds. It is most commonly used in cough inhalers, but many people also like to use it for aromatherapy or as an essential oil for massage.
Star anise oil is also often used in various ointments, as due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties it promotes wound healing.
According to many physicians, star anise oil also has a positive effect on the brain, so it should be effective in treating dementia and insomnia.
Hemp extract is oil obtained by pressing hemp seeds. CBD, one of the many cannabinoids found in cannabis, is also obtained in this way. There are four extraction methods used to obtain hemp extracts:
- Cold pressing, most commonly used to extract hemp oil
- Ethanol extraction, where alcohol is used for extracting fruits and leaves
- CO2 extraction
- Fat extraction
Hemp extract with CBD can therefore be obtained by any of the above methods.
Main advantages of CBD
Due to its numerous effective properties that have a beneficial effect on the body and well-being, CBD has been used for millennia to treat a wide range of aliments.
Our body is intertwined with CBD receptors located in the endocannabinoid system. This means that CBD communicates directly with our cells and thus helps our body to maintain balance.
One of the main features of CBD is its anti-inflammatory effect, which helps alleviate many problems. CBD is thus used to relieve chronic pain, migraine pain, and menstrual cramps; it is also effective in the treatment of more serious diseases such as diabetes and epilepsy.
CBD also has extremely positive effects on your brain, which is why it is gaining ground in mental disorders treatment, such as depression and anxiety.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD is also widely used in cosmetics, as it has proven to be an effective in treating acne and other skin diseases, such as eczema.
Last but not least, CBD is also an effective antioxidant. Cannabis contains soluble and insoluble fibre, which helps cleanse the gastrointestinal tract, thus helping to remove toxins from the body. The fatty acids found in cannabis help retain oxygen in cell membranes, which in turn hinders toxins from absorbing them. Due to its numerous effects, CBD therefore also helps to detoxify the body.
Belinal® – silver fir branch extract
The story of Belinal® is the story of a Christmas tree
The symbolic meaning of the silver fir tree represents life, rebirth, and stamina needed to endure the winter months. Early Christians knew the symbolism of silver fir as they added candles and apples and held the silver fir tree as a symbol of life until nowadays. The healing properties of the silver fir branches has long been known to our ancestors. Silver fir branches used to be significantly consumed among people in mountain areas of Europe for the making of tea against common cold and rheumatism.
High in the cold mountain forest, only the most durable plants survive extreme conditions. This is the home of a silver fir tree that hide healthy ingredients developed in millions of years. Silver fir branches grown in the pristine European mountain forest are manually selected for the production of Belinal® extract. This way we ensure the highest quality of the silver fir tissues with accurate knowledge of their origin.
Proven health benefits
- Anti-diabetic Activity and maintenance of normal blood glucose levels: it has been proven by a clinical study that Belinal® inhibits the enzymes alpha amylase and alpha glucosidase that break down carbohydrates, so that not all carbohydrates are converted to glucose at one time. This can help maintain a healthy glucose level and control the carbohydrate intake. It also reduces the postprandial hyperglycemia induced by starchy meal by 35%. Because it lowers glycemic index of the meals, it has beneficial effect on the body weight.
- Muscle regeneration: Belinal® synergistically reduces feelings of soreness and preserves from muscle damages induced by sport practice, allowing athletes and fitness enthusiasts to resume training faster.
- Improves vascular elasticity and prevents plaque formation: the extract has been shown to improve elasticity and prevent the formation of vascular plaques aswell as protection of the arteries.
- An immune system booster: the extract has significant inside cell anti-oxidant activity. It neutralizes free radicals that cause oxidative stress ad cell damage and is the ideal support for the immune system. It also alleviates the symptoms of colds or flu.
- Improves joint mobility: it has beed proven that the extract has an anti-inflammatory effect and accelerates the regeneration of joint cartilage and connective tissue, which is extremy important for the normal functioning of the joints.
- Inhibits the growth of cancer cells: as the research show, the extract inhibits the growth of human cancer cells.
- Improves cognitive funcitons and concentration: Belinal® extract strongly relaxes cerebral vessels, increases blood flow and improves concentration.
- Accelerates the regeneration of collagen and elastin in the skin, smoothes wrinkles and increases elasticity: Belinal® extract boosts regeneration and appearance of the skin. It smoothes wrinkles, increases skin moisture and elasticity, lightens dark spots and protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays.
- Anti-oxidant Activity: the content of antioxidants in food is determined by using ORAC scale (Oxigen Raducal Absorption Capacity). Belinal® – silver fir branch extract has significantly higher anti-oxidative potential compared to TOP HIGH ORAC Value Antioxidant Foods published by NIH and USDA. ORAC value of Belinal® is 1.004.900 units expressed in μmol Trolox/ 100 g (see figure below).
Frankincense and its miraculous effects
Frankincense is one of the most reputed essential oils and it has been used for therapeutic purposes for centuries due to its high percentage of bioactive compounds with an extremely wide range of effects on the human body.
Frankincense is known for its mitigating effects on a variety of conditions. It is widely known that frankincense essential oil effectively relieves pain and inflammation, protects the liver, acts as an excellent antioxidant, reduces tumors, effectively helps in relieving stomach problems and skin problems, and is also used to mitigate the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
Frankincense essential oil is obtained from the bark of the Boswellia tree in the form of a milk-like liquid, which hardens at high temperature. The Boswellia tree is extremely rare and thrives in adverse desert conditions. Due to the high demand for frankincense in recent decades, manufacturers need to be extremely careful when retrieving incense as excessive harvests can damage the trees.
What are the active ingredients in frankincense?
The frankincense essential oil is known to obtain an extremely wide range of beneficial active ingredients that help our body cope with various situations. In addition to boosting our immune system, it is also used for a variety of specific purposes.
Frankincense is mostly known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Frankincense inhibits inflammatory mediators, so it is widely used in alleviating the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other conditions in bones and joints.
Various studies show that frankincense not only helps relieve pain in rheumatoid arthritis, but also increases the flexibility and elasticity of joints, restores elasticity and generally helps alleviate problems with movement.
It also increases the production of joint fluids acting as a lubricant thereby helping increase their flexibility.
Frankincense also has other various beneficial effects:
- it reduces stress
- it works as an antiseptic, as it effectively kills bacteria and viruses.
- it is widely used in cosmetics as an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle agent, and is particularly effective against acne, stretch marks, eczema and scars.
- it helps relieve symptoms of respiratory diseases, such as flu, asthma and allergies.
- it is a versatile tool for combating joint and muscle pain, arthritis, cancer, insomnia and hormonal imbalance.
Frankincense essential oil is therefore still one of the most reputed essential oils, which generally contributes to our well-being.